Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Monday, April 11

I had an interesting day.  The Lunch 'n Learn was with a three-person panel of clerks who told us what they do and how clerks assist the legislators in day-to-day tasks (mostly organization).  I wasn't surprised to hear that most emails sent to first.last@legis.iowa.gov are answered by clerks; at the beginning of the session it is not uncommon for there to be 10,000+ emails from the previous year.
My New Buddies

This afternoon I had my picture taken with Rep Iverson, Senator Bacon, and Governor Branstad.  The governor's office is roughly the size of... my house.  Both floors of my house.

In the afternoon SF 510, a judicial system appropriations bill, SF 197, a bill modifying provisions applicable to fire protection systems and electrician licensure requirements, SF 260, a bill eliminating the transfer tax imposed on insurers organized in other states who elect to become domestic insurers in Iowa, and SF 315 were debated and passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment