Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wednesday, April 20

This morning I was distributing two amendments throughout the capital - we call it the amendment run - and when I got to the well I gave the chief clerk two of the same amendment.  I told him I was confusing myself.  As he just became aware of my blog yesterday, he told me to write about it.  I hope he sees this.

One job two pages and I had today was to sort and move 150 five-lb. boxes (I think of binders) from a UPS truck to the two chambers.  Take about $9.00/package and it cost somebody ~$1350 to ship binders to reps near the end of the session just so they can be packed up again and lost over the next eight months...

In other news, the House debated the Economic Development appropriations bill.  If I ask a Republican, it is a great bill that practices fiscal responsibility and creates stability to promote job and business growth.  If I ask a Democrat, it cuts crucial services and hinders the ability of small businesses to have access to said crucial services that they need to maintain their goals and jobs.  If only everyone would stand up and just read this!

A highlight of the day was when debate started (again) on whether or not the House voted last session to have geothermal heated streets and sidewalks.  Rep. Wenthe (D) said he would gladly provide evidence proving that any plans for this were "taken off the drawing board" long before the House voted.  Then Rep. Pettengill (R) said that she (and all the other Republicans, I suppose) was under the impression that they were indeed voting on the issue of heated sidewalks. Point of order.

Lastly, I would love to have heated sidewalks and streets. Wouldn't that be sweet!?

No comments:

Post a Comment